Veterinary Diagnostic and Scoping Procedures
Colorado Springs Veterinary Surgery and Rehab Center offers advanced diagnostics to accurately diagnose your pet’s illness and provide treatment quickly. Our diagnostic and scoping procedures are performed in-house, which helps save precious time for you and your pet and allows our doctors to develop a personalized and effective medical treatment plan.
At Colorado Springs Veterinary Surgery and Rehab Center, our team is dedicated to building strong relationships with our clients and providing positive healthcare outcomes for all our pet patients. Schedule an appointment for a consultation today.
Veterinary endoscopy is a minimally-invasive, non-surgical procedure that is used to examine your pet’s internal organs and abdominal cavity. An endoscopy can also be used for foreign body removal and to obtain tissue biopsies. The endoscopic procedure involves inserting a flexible tube (with a light and camera scope attached) through natural openings to show what’s going on inside your pet’s body. The skilled doctors at Colorado Springs Veterinary Surgery and Rehab Center perform a variety of endoscopies including:
- Arthroscopy—Arthroscopy is commonly used to evaluate joint conditions, most commonly elbow, knee, and shoulder joints.
- Colonoscopy—A colonoscopy examines your pet’s lower intestinal tract including the rectum and colon. Colonoscopies are useful for diagnosing ulcers, tumors, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Cystoscopy—Cystoscopies are used to examine the bladder and urethra, and help identify urinary tract infections and bladder abnormalities.
- Gastroscopy—A gastroscopy is used to inspect your pet’s upper intestinal tract including the stomach and esophagus and can help remove foreign bodies, collect biopsies, and diagnose gastrointestinal issues.
- Laparoscopy—A laparoscopy provides a look at the contents of your pet’s abdominal cavity and is useful for organ biopsies and tumor removal.
- Rhinoscopy—A rhinoscopy examines your pet’s nasal cavity.
To learn more about Colorado Springs Veterinary Surgery and Rehab Center scoping procedures, please call us at (719) 424‑7252 or email us today.